Friday, April 20, 2012

Monica Chats About Music Career & Wedding On The Yolanda Adams Morning Show

"Just Because You Sing Secular Music Does Not Mean You Cannot Be Saved" - Monica

In her latest interview, Monica sits down on the morning show of Yolanda Adams as she talks about her career, her marriage to Shannon Brown and her relationship with God.

On Her Wedding and Friendship With Singer Yolanda Adams: "We had a good time and thats the way it's suppose to be. Some people spend a whole day stressed out, holerin' and fussin'. It was nothing like that. We had a wonderful time. And Mrs. Yolanda I couldn't believe she went through what she did to even come. But throughout my entire career she's just always been there. And you know I have a family that is an amazing group of people but its easy sometime for the enemy to sidetrack you but Mrs. Yolanda has always been there. She's always talked to me without judgement. She's always been there to help me really center myself."

How Important and Present God Is In Her Life: "Just because you sing secular music does not mean you cannot be saved or working to be saved or working on the person that you want to be. Its something i'm very open about. People know a lot about my past and know a lot about the different things that happened in my life. But the way that I made it through you know my mom used to always tell me 'walk by faith not by sight'...you are able to do great things and to whom much is given much is required. So she used to sit me down when I was in the midst of a lot of different things and she would just say...'you have to be able to center yourself and find who you are spiritually or nothing that you do matters.'

On Her Struggle Of Singing Secular Music and Having A Relationship With God: "Sometimes I kinda battled with ok 'can I do this type of music and still be the type of person I want to be?' and I found that I absolutetly can because through my music I reach a lot of other people. My step father is a pastor so for the people that grew up in areas that I did but didn't have people at home giving them the word or praying for them or teaching them to pray, i'm able to bring a lot more to them by still being a part of the music that I grew up singing but at the same time sharing with a lot of different people who don't know the other side of it."

On Balancing Success...Keeping Her Integrity and Still Having Love For God: "I recognize that God is a God of second chances and that i'll make mistakes...I don't allow the world to make me feel convicted when I fall short. That's why i'm so open about my path. And I think the best way to stay on your path is to recognize that your journey will make you who you are supposed to be...if you allow it to happen that way. So I don't ever get into trying to explain or cover up or create a facade..i'm always open about the things taking place in my life. And I think that that is the one thing that keeps me going."

Hear The Full Audio Here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...