Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Music: Young Jeezy - "Trapped" Featuring Jill Scott

Jeezy is back with another track from TM: 103 and it's called "Trapped" which features soul singer Jill Scott. To say the least, the rapper seems to consider himself blessed to have Jill Scott on the project. While speaking with The BoomBox, Jeezy gives credit to a very powerful music figure for putting him on to Jill Scott. See who after the jump!
"I told Jill I was a big fan. I knew about Jill Scott, but... one day I was chilling in Vegas with Beyonce and all them, and we were just chilling by the pool. She was playing all these songs and I was like, "Who the f--k is that?" and she was like, "You don't know 'bout Jill Scott?" I'm like, "Yeah..." But [Beyonce] was playing all these records I'd never heard. I just became a bigger fan and I felt I just had to do something with her. I actually did a record with Maxwell too. Didn't make the album but it's a dope record so I'ma definitely use it later. But the record with Jill Scott was so crazy because it felt like I was back in my teenage years and I was looking at myself like, "Damn. Look how far you came and you was trappin...'' I'm hoping that can be anyone else's inspiration because a lot of times muhf---ers think they stuck and can't get out."
Queen Bey did a good job letting Jeezy in on how great Jill Scott is. I feel the record will be a hit. Im loving this song. Check it out below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...